Gardening: Garlic, carrots, bak choy, parsley, oregano and basil (DAY 1)

I'm attempting to regrow parsley, oregano & basil cuttings from my herb garden and bak choi & carrots from scraps that I bought from the grocery store.

Cilantro cuttings bought from Publix


Parsley, Oregano and Basil cuttings from my herb garden.


Bak Choy
I've been successful with regrowing bak choy in the past but it always dies after I transplant them to my pallet raised bed outside. This is my 3rd attempt to regrow them to a harvest state. The first time, it died from the heat outside, the 2nd time it died because those darn ants dug it up. I still have to find a good solution to kill those ants without harming my veggies. This time, I would just keep the plant indoors or in a pot under a shade.

That stuff you see in the rainwater that I had collected are eggshells that I did not do a good job crushing them into smaller pieces. Oh well, that would have to do.


Carrots
This is my first attempt to regrow carrots from scraps.

Here I have a picture of my 2nd pallet raised bed.


Top left row: Red Skin Potato (about 5 days old)
I planted about 8 red skin potato cuttings with eyes already sprouting and only 1 survived. I have a feeling some of them were dug up by squirrels. Hmm...

Top right first 2 rows: Jalapeno plant (bought from Kmart for about $4 total)

3rd and 4th rows: Garlic (planted today)
I don't remember how many cloves of garlic I placed in the ground but let's see how many of them will sprout. I will update on the garlic when I see it sprouting. 

Comments

Popular Posts