Gardening: Mini Sweet Bell Pepper Pants


Got these at Publix and decided to take the seeds for later.


Oops... miss one.  I'll be leaving the seeds to dry for a few days before planting them.

An update on my bell pepper plants that I have planted with the tomato plants on my pallet raised bed. I grew them around the same time as my tomato plants but for some reason cannot seem to figure out why my tomato plants are growing so well but my bell pepper plants aren't. They are all small and looked unhealthy. I always thought that it was because of Hurricane Irma. But today, when I checked on my bell pepper plant, I found flowers for the first time.


I also checked the leaves (after repotting my Ornamental Chili plant) and found out that it has the same whitefly eggs on it. It has been infested this whole time and I did not know about it until now. At least now I've figured out why my bell pepper plants are not growing! I plucked out all the leaves with eggs on it and also went to the dollar store to purchase Dawn soap. Will be spraying soap + water solution on them this evening when the sun isn't directly above. If this batch of bell pepper doesn't make it, I will just replant them with the new ones I'm going to grow with the current seeds that I am drying out.

Comments

Popular Posts